Friday 9 April 2021

Poem on Truth

What's true, what's false?
This storm of swirling
conflicting information
Spirals all around

To make sense of it - it hurts
To stress and strain
and think and understand
To sort true, from half-truths

So we look around for someone to trust-
An expert
Someone cleverer than me
To take from me this agony of comprehension

And rest, knowing that someone else understands,
they care and tell me what to do.
But the ones we trusted in 
didn't really care

Our strong towers
Mighty on the shell
Were rotten at the core
Corrupt and greedy for self

Where money is
Greed and lies are not far away
Those who will devour
the poor from off the earth

Can truth really be known?
If you know the one who says
'I am The Truth' and
'Everyone on the side of truth listens to me'

The truth cannot be known
By just looking at the expert
Perhaps it must also be felt
As one string vibrates in sympathetic resonance when the sound is right.

When you know the One who is True
And He is inside of you
The truth will resonate within
It will sing within your soul:

'Yes! I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well'



No comments:

Post a Comment